London eye specialist Mr. Saurabh Jain and his team are not only experts in the field of eye health, they also firmly believe that good eye health is obtainable with the right diagnosis and treatment. We are therefore enthusiastic to promote good eye health at all opportunities, and treat a wide range of patients looking for ophthalmic surgeons and consultants and eye surgery in London.
Our values include:
- A strong emphasis on early diagnosis, so conditions don’t worsen – we encourage you to seek professional help as soon as you notice any symptoms of a possible eye condition in you or your child.
- Offering sufficient time during appointments to ensure the child and parent feel comfortable and can answer any questions.
- Making the appointment as easy as possible for the child by showing care and attention to their mood and reactions whilst also creating a calm environment.
- Providing a full range of eye treatment options, so you can make informed decisions.
- Ensuring there is a channel for communications following the appointment.
Meet Mr Saurabh Jain
Mr. Saurabh Jain is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon and Clinical Director of services at the Royal Free London NHS Foundation Trust.
With a wealth of experience performing eye surgery in London, he has special expertise in all aspects of paediatric ophthalmology, squints, general ophthalmology and cataract surgery.
Mr. Jain also leads the adult strabismus and botulinum toxin service at the Royal Free and carries out cataract surgery and outreach clinics at Barnet, Edgware and Whittington hospitals. His work includes clinical work, training junior surgeons and allied clinical professionals, research and educational activities as the college tutor.
Mr. Saurabh Jain started his ophthalmology career at Kings College Hospital, London, after which he undertook his specialist registrar at the Leicester Royal Infirmary where he carried out further advanced training as a fellow in adult strabismus surgery. He also completed specialist training in paediatric ophthalmology at the Manchester Royal Eye Hospital.
Mr. Jain is an active member, and an elected Council member, of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists. He is also a member of the American Association of Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus, and the International Strabismological Association.
As one of London’s leading ophthalmic surgeons and consultants, Mr. Jain regularly attends the British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus meetings and is a member of the Skills faculty at the Royal College of Ophthalmologists, regularly teaching trainee surgeons on the microsurgical skills course.